- Support the scientific opinion that a cure for SCI can be found.
- Promote and generate funding for research into a cure for paralysis.
- Identify and assist in medical research and development into techniques designed for the regeneration of the effects of spinal cord injuries.
- Monitor the research progress of all scientists funded by the Trust.
- Provide targeted assistance to organisations working on projects that promote the purpose of the Trust.
- Disseminate information about research into SCI.
- Foster cooperation between all disciplines engaged in central nervous system research, regeneration and direct relief.
- Cooperate with international efforts in this field.