The CatWalk Spinal Cord Injury Research Trust (The CatWalk Trust) is committed to keeping your personal information private. You may browse and access information contained within this website without providing any personal information. Where you voluntarily provide personal information, that information gathered from you will be treated as confidential, will be kept securely, and will not be passed on to any third party, except in the circumstances outlined in this policy.
When you donate, purchase or sign up with us, you authorise us to store your details on our database and you will receive information on CatWalk events, activities and reports back as to who has benefited from the money raised. If at any time you wish not to receive this information please click ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the newsletter that you have received. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
To view any of your personal information held by us, or if you have any concerns about your personal information that we hold, please write to: The Privacy Officer – The CatWalk Trust, PO Box 555, Masterton 5840, New Zealand.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
Images that feature on our site are not permitted to be copied or saved.
If you make a one-off donation, or purchase a product from us through our website we do not receive or hold all of your credit card details. The payment processing is directed through Windcave. Payment information is securely entered and processed and is not seen by us at any stage in the transaction. The hosted payment page is fully PCI-DSS compliant and boasts end-to end encryption which protects your data while transmitted on the internet. Once the payment is completed by Windcave you are returned to our website and you will receive a payment confirmation email sent to your email address. To find out more about Windcave follow this link www.windcave.com .
If you set up a repeating donation through our website we do not receive or hold all of your credit card details. The payment processing is directed through Stripe. Payment information is securely entered and processed and is not seen by us at any stage in the transaction. Once the payment is completed by Stripe you are returned to our website and you will receive a payment confirmation email sent to your email address. To find out more about Stripe follow this link https://stripe.com/nz/privacy .
The information that we collect
The CatWalk Trust operates the website www.catwalk.org.nz. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
– Personally identifiable information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or competitions. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you chose not to provide it.
– Aggregated data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
We will not share the information that we collect with any third parties apart from in the following circumstances:
– The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any use by them that we have not authorised.
– The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
– Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
– If we have asked your prior permission (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
What else we do with the personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
1.To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
2.To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
3.To help provide any other services that you have requested.
4.To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
5.For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
6.For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about Cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
– Track traffic patterns to our site.
– Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
– Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to receiving certain communications and to opt out of those communications at any stage.
Because we are committed to full compliance with applicable laws regarding unsolicited electronic messages, these emails and texts will always include an “unsubscribe” facility. Further, if you do not wish to receive them, you can contact us through our website, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have unsubscribed from our email or text communications, we will remove you from the corresponding marketing list as soon as reasonably practicable.
Can we change this policy?
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy. Please contact us through our website or email us at email@example.com
Policy last updated 8th September 2021